Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Forgive me, Internet; it has been two days since my last confession.

Where I have been: I went out with Mr. T and his friend S, and much fun was had. It was exactly what I needed after a stressful day. Yesterday was a bit lighter in the work department, which was good because I had no plans. I vegged out while K still worked. We did have a good phone conversation on one of his breaks, though. That's got to count for something. I also made a delicious stir-fry. Oo, oo, and I had my first Gin & Tonic since getting all better, and it. was. yummy.

Where I am going: Now I'm wrapping work in preparation for some hellish travel and a great convention. B and I are headed for California, mere minutes (okay, like an hour) from San Francisco. We have REALLY light hours both days, so we will have nothing but time to explore the area. This is just the sort thing we love. There will be much giddiness tonight.

How I am getting there:This giddiness does not bode well because of the aforementioned "hellish travel." I'll be flying out of Dulles, so that means at least an hour drive on top of my flight leaving at 6:30am. If the giddiness keeps me awake, it might make more sense to pull an all-nighter than to sleep for thirty minutes, no? Anyhow, I don't arrive back in this time zone until early Monday morning after taking the red-eye from Seattle the night before. {Note: Maybe you should hold off on gathering my advice for travel plans.] However, this itinerary does afford me one luxury - I'll be able to spend my 4-hr Seattle layover with K's aunt, uncle, and cousins out there. They are too awesome for words, offering to pick me up and take my far, far away from the airport for some dessert. I believe they intend to return me to the airport in time for my return flight, but honestly, I think I wouldn't mind if we were delayed. I may have mentioned this before, but they're awesome.

No comments: