Thursday, August 03, 2006

Linking Thursday (Updated)

I really want to post, but Blogger's picture function is currently trying to kill my will to live. Will post tomorrow. Until then amigos, enjoy these links.

This article talks about the obesity epidemic, but it offers some reasons I haven't heard before. I doubt any are the main cause, but they certainly contribute.

I've been salivating over these iced tea recipes for a little while, but I never seem to have all the ingredients on hand or the ambition to go shopping for them. They do sound tasty, though. Also, Glamour has a decent fitness plan site where you can enter your weight and strength goals and get some nutritional/exercise advice here. It's been helping me get back to working out regularly. But it's hot pink all over and definitely NOT for the menfolk. Sorry, chaps.

I'm not sure why this sestina on McSweeney's is so amusing, but I love. It's entitled "I Dreamed I Wrote This Sestine In My Maidenform Bra," and it's hilarious.

Okay, that's all for now. More when Blogger wants to play to nice.

UPDATE: How could I forget this hilarious piece of snark? The Go Fug Yourself girls tackle Keira Knightley's summer casual wear: The Belt Bra of Fuggery. And then the follow it up with another case of belt confusion. Brilliant!

No comments: