Sunday, March 11, 2007

"The 411," As The Cool Kids Say.

My parents are in town, so I've been busy with them - showing them around town, but mostly talking, and eating. As my father put it "We're one of the those families who can sit discussing our next meal while absolutely stuffed from the last one." Mom and I went shopping at G Street Fabrics and found the fabric for her dress for my brother's wedding this June. We've hit up the National Gallery of Art for some 19th Century French as well as 17th Century Dutch Art - Rembrandt self-portrait REPRESENT! Ahem. We wanted to see the American Impressionists, but the American Art section was closed for renovations. Just FYI, there.

Of course I woke up last Wednesday morning with a sore throat. I was hoping it was a fluke from sleeping with my mouth open or something innocuous like that but no, by Thursday morning it was full-blown sore-throat-itis. After getting freakin' PNEUMONIA this winter, I'm kinda on high-alert when it comes to cold symptoms. Fortunately, though it felt even worse yesterday morning, I'm getting better now. At least it didn't ruin my visit with my parents - I can still taste and talk!

1 comment:

Mair said...

"We're one of the those families who can sit discussing our next meal while absolutely stuffed from the last one."

Totally awesome. I love you all! I'm glad you had a nice visit with your parents.

I hope you're feeling better, dear.

(p.s. Joshua and I are already planning our next adventure with you two. Let's just say it will take place post-Easter and contain a mild amount of gluttony.)