Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sweet Fancy Moses!

I admit that is another title ripped straight out of a commercial. I don't even know what they're advertising - I think it's about something manly because there are two plastic men talking (sans facial expressions) and one details how his wife wants him to install a koi pond in his backyard and the other one reacts by saying "Sweet fancy Moses!" in the best old man deadpan ever. It cracks me up. I think it might be the response that my new favorite shirt would get from them, too. I got it on clearance at Old Knave (that "k" is pronounced in my friend E's version).

Oh, and speaking of E, she just had her second little papoose and I hope that doesn't spill the beans to any of our mutual friends, but AAAAH! I'm a pseudo-aunt again! Weeeee!

I also decided to take the day off today and I'm so geeked about it. My mother's Mental Health Day policy lives on. I decided I was too stressed to handle company this weekend and errands and yardwork and cats with lizards and everything without a break. I had already planned dinner with KL from church, and I had some DELICIOUS spaghetti with kalamata olives, capers, anchovies, roma tomatoes, and roasted red peppers. We had a good old chat in which we concluded that the world is messed and we are blessed. Familiar territory but important nonetheless. Plus, the middle school youth group has a yoga lesson (!) on Sunday night so I'm going to show up and show off AHEM, CHAPERONE. It's positively made for me.

Well, I'm off to change into more suitable clothes before cleaning and shopping and BLAH. So much for a day off! I guess adulthood comes with a more sketchy definition of that term.

1 comment:

RC said...

middle school church youth group yoga???

that's the craziest thing.

Do they like it?

Is this more of an outreach to middleschoolers to draw them in or is it more to encourage fellowship?

hum...pretty cool stuff.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com