Friday, June 30, 2006

Depresio

WE LOST. THE WEEPING, THE GNASHING OF TEETH! I had BBC Sports Live Blog going from about the 50th minute on and I checked it periodically to excitement when Argentina scored first, then worry when Germany sunk one in the net, then sheer terror as the minutes of overtime ticked off without a thing happening. Then Hubster called, just as I was deciding to work out and get some lunch because I couldn't take the tension anymore. He said they'd gone into penalty kicks. "You should watch," says he. The worst happened. Apparently, that's the first time Argentina's lost in penalty kicks. I hate making history!

And it's all Hubster's fault for making me watch. Wah.

Oh, and I might have updated my template. Finally. It wasn't really worth the wait, I'm sure, but I'm flighty and I needed a change.

Now back to my misery. Y'all entertain yourselves today.

5 comments:

RedHurt said...

I really really really really really really really love this new template. I don't know when you put it up, but it's aweseome. Well done!

Yax said...

Whoa. The new template is not just different. It's DIFFERENT. And yet, it reamins awesome on a level that mere mortals could only hope to achieve in their wildest dreams. I shall continue to read... in awe....

Don Quixote said...

I LOVE the new template, your worship.

I had a Polish colleague who was one of the most brilliant men with whom I have ever worked. When someone mentioned ANY soccer game, he would always say, "It will be decided on penalty kicks." This used to REALLY annoy soccer fans, but to some extent, it is true.

Neil said...

new template's hott. I like the large-size of the flickr pictures.

GMack said...

I really like the new template. Very...you.