Friday, January 20, 2006

A Cornucopia of Fabulous Things

1. This morning I had a toasted English muffin with butter and Bonne Maman orange marmalade and a cup of Twinings Loose Leaf Earl Grey tea with a hint of cream and sugar. Wheaties, schmeaties - THIS is the breakfast of champions! Okay, "Breakfast of Champion Quasi-European Elitists."

2. Fametracker almost had water coming out of nose. CHECK OUT THIS FAME AUDIT and laugh your head off. I usually try to give some indication of what the content will be when I ship you off to another site, but this one is too good to spoil. In the unlikely and horrific eventuality that their site gets taken down some day, I will have no idea what this was about. Meh, it's worth it.

3. Tonight good friend Mr. T will be hitting up our new house for a dinner and a movie. We rented Criminal. It's a remake of an Argentine (!) film, and it stars John C. Reilly, so I'm really excited to see it. For dinner, I'm cooking a recent family favorite "Garlic Clove Chicken." So good it makes you weep.

4. Despite just about every phone in my vicinity TOTALLY SPAZZING OUT for the past ten days, I've managed to have some great conversations and email exchanges this week. I am continually amazed at my friends and family. I am continually irate at the unruly state of communication in what some are calling "The Communication Age." We should call it "The Age of Trying to Get the Phone to Stop Restarting Randomly" or "The Age of Calling Back Ten Times."

5. I've finished some little work projects. I'm almost blinded to the fact that many remain by the sheer fabulousness of that statement.

6. It's the WEEKEND. Enjoy!

No comments: