Thursday, May 26, 2005

a game of cat and . . . ant, I guess.


Indeed, she is a fearsome huntress.

I can't write much because I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 328 things to do for work, but here's a picture of Kitten toying with an ant we found in our home. We're so lucky to have her. ;-)

Why didn't she pick a bug I actually hate killing, you know? I can handle an ant, even a big on like the one with which she's pictured. Why can't she kill spiders? I HATE doing it, and even when I do, I can't just eat the spoils of war, for heaven's sake. I can't even fold up paper towels and pick it up myself for fear that the spider will be SO mad at me for killing it, that it will bite me through the paper towels POST MORTEM, poisoning me fatally. When my bizarre death is reported on the news, they'll end it with "and that's why, you never pick up a dead spider with paper towels."

But, hey, she killed an ant. And she's cute. I guess I can live with that.

No comments: