Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Listing Wednesday

1. I do not believe I have emphasized this enough: chocolate-covered espresso beans are the ambrosia of the Starbucks Age.

2. Birds chirp A LOT. I have had my window open all day and they are still at it. Don't they have sustenance to acquire or nests full of so-ugly-they're-adorable chicks for which to regurgitate food? Just saying, they're chatty.

3. Today K and I hope to visit a cafe in a town that may later be our home if we like it. Oh, and if we can afford anything there. I'm strangely geeked. Wait, it's not strange. I'm really an idealistic dork and looking at something that MIGHT be a daydream come true is just the sort of pathetic fodder I need.

4. Yesterday, while running an errand, I drove by the local high school and saw three camara crews from local news stations taping for the evening news. Apparently some teacher got busted for drug-related stupidity. For as much as they're supposed to be about town, I rarely see TV crews. I thought of watching the news just to see if my car made it in any of the video, but then I decided that was an incredibly dumb idea. Plus, navy CR-V - not exactly rare in this town (I'm looking to M for the commentary on that).

5. I leave tomorrow morning for my penultimate conference of the season. It's with C, whom one boss dubbed The Funniest Woman in Homeschooling, and I'm looking forward to it. Let's hope we enjoy ourselves, even if we have exhibition hall hours tomorrow night ON TOP of traveling ON TOP of the fact that it's her birthday and she has so much yuckiness to endure. Heh, all I can think of is Turk saying: "Elliot, this woman doesn't like me. It could keep me from becoming the youngest chief of surgery in history, which could keep me from curing paralysis, which could keep me from having my birthday be a national holiday! And everyone knows I hate to work on my birthday!" I'm with you, Black Whale.

6. Oh, and one last thing, because we've all been there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun at your conference, miss you. and bte i wish i could write as amazingly as you do.

Mair said...

Remember that haircut I had freshman year? The one we met over?? Well, it happened just like McSweeney said. I can't remember the hairstylist's name...something like Robert, but he may have been gay. Anyway, bad hair idea. At least in my opinion.

Oh - and chocolate covered espresso beans are the bread and butter of chocolate treats.