Sunday, April 15, 2007

Distractosaurus Rex

Cannot. Concentrate.

Really, I've tried to come up with something to write, but it's hard. I went shopping at G Street and found FABULOUS fabrics for cheap because they were having a sale - like I needed another reason to set up a cot and refuse to leave.

I'm going to make another Duro dress, but unlike the last one, it should be wearable like OUT THE HOUSE. Body: black with white polka dots, Contrast: bright yellow flowers with dramatic black details. Oh, man, what am I doing typing? I need to cut this thing out and get started already! I might also have a TON of gifty makeup bags to make for various and sundry folks whom I love and totally owe.


Even the Tiny wants to help out on this one. (I'm making the far right pictured dress, sans arm bands because there wasn't enough of the flower print (I got the last yard!) and it's a bit stiff for a fluid sleeve like that.

Yes, folks, the pendelum of Erica's attention has swung back to sewing, so I must follow its dictates. I am but a minion of my flighty, flighty brains.


Number two in the queue? Probably. (Sorry about the blurry picture. And the dots are chocolate brown while the pink is a bit less bright. Yeah, so ignore the picture altogether.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a 32-year-old Singer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I love the fabric. Can't wait to see the finished product.