Friday, March 04, 2005

it's not just the cat that's riled

When my alarm went off this morning, the weather report was on the radio station I use. They said we'd have a warmer day today. The sun is shining through the blinds and the snow is melting. It looks like Spring, baby, and I'm excited. Plus, I just played with the cat, so I'm a little riled (is that how it's spelled? stupid psuedo-phonetic English language!). I used this toy we got free with her bed - two rubber bouncing balls with metalic streamers at one end that really get her attention. I drag them across the floor and then bounce them off a wall and she chases 'em like a tiny, adorably vicious huntress. Now she's batting at everything that moves - or that she thinks might move. Wait a minute - I think she's started running sprints down the hallway again. What a hoot. Sure makes working a wee bit tough. If only I could get responses back on a couple of design options, I would have more work! Now for some music . . . and focus.

Keane's "Sunshine"
I hold you in my hands
A little animal
And only some idiot would let you go
But if I'm one thing then that's the one thing
I should know

Can anybody find their home?
Out of everyone can anybody find their home?
Lost in the sun can anybody find their home?
Come on, Come on, Come on
Can anybody find their home?

I hold you in cupped hands
And shield you from a storm
Where only some dumb idiot would let you go
But if I'm one thing then that's the one thing
I should know

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As an added bonus, visitors to this site can read this:

As I was comsuming my trademark multi-cereal this morning, Percy (whom I shall from now on call 'chuckles') leapt from the kitchen table to the corner hutch that sits nearby. Well, attemped to, anyway. The normally svelte feline pulled an "America's Funniest Home Videos"-worthy stunt (With Bob Saget, not that new guy) and plowed into the mostly-glass doors. Undaunted, she regained her composure by racing around the corner.

I love this animal.

Anonymous said...

"Chuckles" gives you some entertainment so you don't have to be sooo bored. Right?