Thursday, March 10, 2005

thursday already?

I'm so glad the weekend approacheth. It's not like it's been a horrible week, but I'm just looking forward to it more than usual. It's probably because I was sick all last weekend and therefore, it wasn't the mini-vacation God ordained it to be. But I'm not bitter. Or anything.

I'm listening to the Amelie soundtrack right now and I can't believe how long it's been since I did that. I listened to it straight through my last semester at school. I loved it so much that I used "Comptine d'un autre ete" for the family processional song at the wedding. I probably would have used more, but accordian music was roundly vetoed by everyone involved. *pout* The music is just so whimsical and winsome, I can't resist it. Ooo, maybe I should watch that movie again this weekend! I think one of the sexy 2004 members of South Suite 211 had it on DVD and we'd eat from our huge pitcher of Hershey's Kisses and watch delightful French people make us laugh and cry. I think it'd feel like a vacation just to relive a couple of those days . . .

3 comments:

lvs said...

The man who composed the music for Amelie is named Yann Tiersen, and Dan has amassed a collection of his non-Amelie work, much of it in the same vein. It's so achingly, hauntingly beautiful that you must try it.

Mair said...

I love Amelie! You know, there is a newer movie staring Tatou and by the same producer. It's called A Very Long Engagement. Haven't gotten to see it yet, though it's playing at the indie theater here.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I don't know how I end here... I was posting in a different blog, but this one is cool^^ I'm form Argentina, I live in Buenos Aires. Sorry I'm tires so I didn't finish reading your profile =S Where are you from?? I have to go... I leave my fotolog if you want to post me, do it! =) [not now, 'cause is full, maybe tomorrow afternoon ;) ]
See ya!